We offer sedation and sleep dentistry options for our Brantford patients who experience anxiety before dental appointments.
What types of sedation options do you offer?
We offer IV sedation and nitrous oxide sedation or you can take an oral sedative to help ease the anxiety associated with any dental treatment.
Many of our patients have found IV sedation to be the nicest way to ease their dental procedures. It allows them to completely relax, and comfortably doze, while their dentistry is performed.
IV sedation has an extremely good safety record when provided by trained individuals in a properly equipped setting.
You might be a good candidate for IV sedation if:
- Dentistry is very stressful for you
- You require a surgical procedure such as wisdom tooth removal
- You are undergoing a long or complex procedure
- You have a hard time keeping your mouth open
- You need multiple procedures and want to get them done in one visit
Nitrous oxide, also known as laughing gas, is also used as a sedation option for patients. Many patients also do well with oral medications and/or nitrous oxide (laughing gas).
We offer nitrous oxide for patients who want to stay relaxed during their appointment. Please notify our office if you would like more information before your next appointment.